PaddyKing | U.S.A Calrose Rice
- Medium round grain rice grown in the lush paddy fields of California, USA
- Shorter and wider kernel
- Cooked grains are moist, tender and clingy
- Add 1 cup rice to 1.25 cups of water for cooking with rice cooker
- Ideal for cooking congee and international cuisines like Japanese sushi, Italian risotto or American’s favourite casseroles
Available in 2.5KG, 5KG and 22.68KG
PaddyKing U.S.A Calrose Rice is a premium quality medium grain rice variety grown in the lush paddy fields of Northern California. Using traditional farming principles combined with modern technology, every grain of PaddyKing U.S.A Calrose Rice produced is of the highest quality and taste.
It has a shorter, wider kernel and the cooked grains are moist, tender, and have a greater tendency to cling together. Thus, it is ideal for most everyday dishes as well as International cuisines like Japanese sushi, Italian risotto or American’s favourite casseroles.
The use of a rice cooker is highly recommended as it produces consistently good textured rice.
(1) To cook rice, add 1 1/4 cups of water to every cup of calrose rice and allow the cooked rice to stand for 20 minutes before serving.
(2) To cook porridge, add 7 to 9 cups of water to every cup of calrose rice and its best to cook it over a slow cooker.
(3) To prepare basic sushi rice, transfer the cooked rice to a large bowl and leave it for 10 minutes. With an electronic fan beside you, sprinkle a packet of sushi vinegar mixture (easily available at any supermarkets) over the rice while you carefully cut and fold the rice with a wet wooden spoon till the mixture is evenly distributed. Cover the bowl with a moist kitchen towel and leave it to cool till you are ready to use the rice.
(1) Always store PaddyKing U.S.A Calrose Rice in a cool, dry place and preferably in an airtight container once the rice pack is opened.
(2) To keep weevils away, put garlic cloves (do not de-skin) into the rice container/bag.
(3) Alternatively, storing it in refrigerator condition can also lengthen the life span of the rice.